Designing Competitive Business Models is a workshop created by Andrey Shtylenko targeted at participants of startup competitions. The workshop’s goals include giving participants clear guidelines for their team business model brainstorming, helping them build a bulletproof pitch, and teaching them how to avoid major pitfalls when launching their ventures.
The workshop is based on the personal experience of preparing presentations for numerous startup pitches, participating and mentoring in several European acceleration programs, and building and owning several businesses.
The workshop is structured as follows:
- Developing 7 crucial business model areas
- Target audience
- Value proposition
- Competition & differentiation
- Types of business innovations and their role in business development
- 5 major business metrics to plan ahead
- 12 critical factors of business models – a checklist for model validation
- Guidelines for further team brainstorming and pitch preparation
The workshop is intended to run at startup competitions and bootcamps right after teams are formed around specific ideas. Upon the completion of the workshop, the teams will gather for model brainstorming (one to six hours), followed by sessions with mentors.